Mr. Samantha Surene
With 14 years of experience in the hospitality industry, both in Training and Professional Work, he joined the Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management (SLITHM) in 2012 as an Assistant Lecturer. Whilst studying at the SLITHM he had his first experience in a kitchen as a Commis at the Intercontinental Hotel (IHG) in Dubai, and worked at the Crown Plaza Dubai Hotel (IHG), Dubai, the Renaissance Dubai Hotel (By Marriott) in Dubai, the Jumeira Rotana.
Academic Qualifications and Achievements
- Management Diploma (2nd Class Upper Division) with Specialization in Professional Cookery at the Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management (SLITHM) – 2006
- Management Diploma in Professional Cookery (Merit Pass) – 2006
- Licentiate of the Ceylon Hotel School Graduates Association and a Certified Trainer and Assessor (TAE40110)
- Lecturing in Personal & Professional Development and Service Quality for Students of SLITHM
- Participation in Occupational Safety and Health Training Workshop, Hospitality and Leisure Industry by Center for Occupational Safety and Health (COSH) – 2013
- Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene – Renaissance Dubai Hotel – 2009
- Certificate in Basic Food Hygiene – InterContinental Hotels Group, Dubai – 2007
- Certificate in recognition of outstanding contribution to InterContinental Hotels Group – 2007
- Best Student in Professional Cookery (Basic Level 146) at the Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management – 2002
- A Bronze Medal Winner of the Emirates Culinary Guild’s Culinary Arts Competition in the category of Live Practical Cake Decoration and also a Merit holder of the same Category.
- Co-planning and training the students at CAHM who recently brought back two Bronze Medals and one Silver Medal from the Culinary Arts Competition 2015