Industry Specialist – William Angliss Institute Sri Lanka
Michelle began pursuing her passion for training as a Hospitality Trainer at the William Angliss Institute – Colombo Academy of Hospitality Management at SLIIT, then took on the role of the Training Director at the Swiss Institute for Service Industry Development affiliated with the Swiss Hotel Management Academy Lucerne. Michelle currently is a Industry Specialist at the William Angliss Institute Sri Lanka and is entrusted with managing and delivering training to industry professional and students.
- Best Bartender Mixologist, Culinary Arts Exhibition 2010, Organized by the Chef Guilds of Sri Lanka.
- Two Gold Medals and Two Silver Medals, Culinary Arts Exhibition 2010, Organized by the Chef Guilds of Sri Lanka.
- First Place, Colombo Regional & All Island Cocktail Competitions, Organized by the Free Lanka Trading Company, 2009.
- Merit Award, 19th Asia Pacific Bartender of the Year Competition, Singapore 2009.
- Godfrey Perera Challenge Trophy for Best Student in Wine Studies, SLITHM, 2010.
- Pearl Henatigala Memorial Trophy donated by Mr. Asoka Fernando for the Best Student in Food and Beverage Operational Management, SLITHM, 2010.
- Unilever Food Solutions Book Award for the Best Student in Food and Beverage Operational Management, SLITHM, 2010.
- Sunquick Challenge Trophy for the Best Student in Innovative Cocktail Preparation, SLITHM, 2010.
- Rohan Dias Abeysinghe Trophy for the Most Outstanding Student of the Year in Food & Beverage Operations donated by Food School, Canberra, Australia, SLITHM, 2010.
- Best Student, Advanced Level, Food & Beverage Operations 2010.
- Best Student, Intermediate Level, Food & Beverage Operations 2010.
- Best Student, Certificate Level, Restaurant & Bar Service 2008.